Arca Swiss F-Metric C (Compact) 5x7" View Camera
The Arca-Swiss F-Metric C 5x7 View Camera is an incredibly precise and professional view camera that features calibrated, easily accessed control blocks (they call them 'function carriers). Focusing is done with your right hand, with finely geared control available from both the front and the rear standard, unlike most field cameras. All camera movements are done on the left. This "C" version of the F-Metric 5x7 camera includes a more compact 40cm collapsing monorail, which offers built-in extension to 400mm but also can be folded in half for storage.
The 5x7 F-Metric offers an incredible 100mm of geared rise on the rear standard to reach down into elevated views, along with 75mm of geared rise and 25mm of fall on the front standard. The front rise is especially helpful with ground-level architecture. It has 50mm of geared lateral shift on each standard as well, and offers unlimited vertical swing movement to allow you to remove the bellows (which is a quick procedure) and pack the camera flat. The monorail slides directly into the included extension bracket, which itself fits into any tripod with an Arca-type quick release clamp.
The Arca-Swiss 5x7 is a high quality professional's tool that is ideal for use with 5x7 film (a host of B&W options remain), medium format film backs (up to 6x17), and digital backs with interfaces such as the Silvestri 5x7 Sliding Back Adapter.
- An incredibly precise view camera made in France
- Fully modular system with extensive accessories for viewing, conversion, etc.
- Great for use with digital backs and lenses (requires digital back 5x7 interface, such as Silvestri 5x7 Sliding Adapter)
- Collapsing 40cm monorail
- Conical 500mm bellows comfortably accommodate all camera positions within the bellows range without interference
- Geared rise and lateral shift movements, with no backlash
- 75mm of geared rise and 25mm of geared fall upon front standard
- 100mm of geared rise upon rear standard
- 50mm of geared lateral shift upon each standard
- Standard 141mm lensboard easily accommodates #1 shutters in recessed boards (adapters are available to accept Linhof Technika-type or Arca-Swiss 110mm lensboards)
- Extension bracket inserts directly into any Arca-type quick release