Arca Swiss F-Metric 4x5" View Camera
The Arca-Swiss F-Metric 4x5 View Camera is an incredibly precise and professional view camera that features calibrated, easily accessed control blocks (they call them 'function carriers). Focusing is done with your right hand, with finely geared control available from both the front and the rear standard, unlike most field cameras. All camera movements are done on the left. This version of the F-Metric 4x5 camera includes a telescoping bench rail, which fully accommodates the included 380mm bellows. It can be extended with optional longer bellows and bench extensions.
The 4x5 F-Metric offers an incredible 100mm of geared rise on each standard, with 30mm of geared lateral shift on each standard and ±80mm of total shift. It also offers unlimited vertical swing movement, to allow you to remove the bellows (which is a quick procedure) and pack the camera flat-making it a truly compact piece of equipment. The monorail slides directly into any tripod with an Arca-type quick release clamp, which is itself an adored professional standard.
The Arca-Swiss 4x5 is a high quality, easily transported, professional's tool that is ideal for use with 4x5 film, medium format film backs (up to 6x12), and digital backs made to fit medium format SLR system cameras or the 4x5 international Graflok standard.
- An incredibly precise view camera made in France
- Fully modular system with extensive accessories for viewing, conversion, etc.
- Great for use with digital backs and lenses
- Standard telescoping 30cm bench rail
- Conical 380mm bellows comfortably accommodate all camera positions within the monorail's range without interference
- Geared rise and lateral shift movements, with no backlash
- 100mm of geared rise upon each standard
- 30mm of geared lateral shift upon each standard, with 50mm additional ungeared movement
- Standard 141mm lensboard easily accommodates #1 shutters in recessed boards (adapters are available to accept Linhof Technika-type or Arca-Swiss 110mm lensboards)
- Rail inserts directly into any Arca-type quick release